Monday, January 30, 2012

After finding enough courage to watch the movie "Courageous" this past weekend, I am praising God for the  awesome husband and daddy we had  to love and adore us.    The movie shows how important it is for men to be what God intended for men and how the world around us has let Him down.  But, drawing near to Him and putting our focus back on God and our family, amazing blessings can happen.  I am thanking God for the wonderful years we had with Mike and am not mad about the years we missed out on.  We all have a "dad" story...your dad may have been the best ever, a dad that lived in your house, but you never knew or had a relationship with him, or he may be a person you had never even met...or like my girls, had a great dad and he's living with Jesus now.  Whatever relationship in the past, it doesn't have to continue to hurt you, grief you, or follow you...Jesus Christ is there to heal you.  I pray daily for God to heal our daughters grieving hearts and for Him to repair them where they need healed.  I know He will and can do the same for you.  I encourage EVERY family to watch this life changing movie and see blessings pour out from generation to generation.

3 comments:

  1. I have not seen this movie, but have heard so many awesome comments about it. I admire your courage daily, especially in deciding to watch this film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an excellent movie! I recommend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to see "Courageous" this weekend at my daughter's church. I've heard that it's very good. Can't wait! So glad that you're following God's leadership with this blog. Great things are in store for you and your girls. God is faithful...

    ReplyDelete