Monday, June 11, 2012

This Day Would Come

I Knew This Day Would Come...

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4


Several months ago, as I sat at my kitchen table with my Bible study girls, I was asked, "What are the desires of your heart?" I simply told them that my desire was to have a wonderful husband again someday and for the girls to be blessed with another daddy who loved them. I was praying for this "silently" to myself everyday, but had not "confessed" this to anyone else. I had no specifics, I was praying for God to align us with a Holy man and I knew God was faithful in all He does and He would answer my prayer. After talking this over with them, I decided to write in my journal, my exact desires and pray over it everyday. I also talked to my girls about what their "desires" were for this man. One night after supper, they went around the table and voiced their desires to me and I wrote them down, as well. I needed to do this so when God did bless us with this man, I would know it was from Him. Now, don't get excited, I am NOT announcing I am getting married, today! But, I am letting all of our biggest prayer warriors, support, friends, and family know that indeed, God is faithful. He has brought a special, Holy man into our lives, that loves the Lord as much as we do and we couldn't be in a better place today. Please continue to lift us up to our Heavenly Father for guidance and transition as we follow Him on this new journey. The girls and I are so thankful for all of you staying right by our side the past two years, God has healed our hearts beyond belief and it's time...


Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, Knock and the door will be open. Matthew 7:7

5 comments:

  1. Im so happy for you and the girls. May the Lord give you wisdom and guidance on this yet another new journey. Its been my prayer for sometime for the kids and I, but I know its not yet the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Thanks for your sweet comment. I prayed for contentment and JOY for many, many months and knew it was all up to God and His timing. I can see you have put the timing and situation in His hands as well. I will keep you and your kids in my prayers. He does have a plan...Jer. 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you turned the page and it's a new chapter. I love seeing you heal, hope and find love again on your journey! Praising God from whom all blessings flow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    You are so right, this IS a new chapter of my life. I am embracing it with great anticipation of what the Lord has in store. I will be writing a book and this chapter will be in it...a chapter on HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been checking for a blog update for a while and am so glad to see this one. We are so happy for you and AGAIN, you continue to shine brightly in His light and ours!!

    ReplyDelete