Monday, July 16, 2012

Dating at 19 VS. Dating at 39

 19 VS. 39...

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.  You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.  Psalm 30:11-12

The verse above speaks volumes for me during this time in my life. I feel like I have "overcome" Mike's death and I am seeing so many blessings God has in store for His plan for my life. He truly has turned my mourning into JOYful dancing and taken my clothes of mourning and clothed me with JOY. There were several moments these past two and a half years, I didn't know when or how I would be clothed with JOY, but here I am..."clothed with JOY"...

I was 19 years old when Mike and I started dating. (He was 29...that doesn't sound right, now that I am the mother of three girls!) Looking back, our conversations were immature and "19 yr old" conversations. We communicated great, but the depth of the conversation wasn't there. All of that came with time and we ended up having a wonderful marriage and awesome communication skills. We had no other responsibilities, in fact we both still lived at home, just ourselves to take care of...free to do what we wanted and go where we wanted at anytime. It was great fun, the freedom of knowing we could come and go as we pleased.

When I considered dating again, I realized this....

I was now 39 years old with not only my heart on the line, but three little girls' hearts as well! 

Prayerfully seeking the Lord, I knew I had to trust Him and know He would lead me to the man that would embrace us all. So, here I am...dating that man. Our conversations and communication are anything but that of a 19 yr. old, we have so much more to talk about with parenting and past heartaches than we care to share sometimes (but, always do). We both love the Lord and draw our strength from Him. The most intimate thing we do together is pray...

Our time alone is far and few between because of schedules and children, but we wouldn't have it any other way. It's who we are now, grown up with tons of responsibility. "Us" time has to wait now, unlike 20 years ago. The depth of our relationship grew quickly, primarily because we are transparent with one another and hold back nothing. There is no room or use for crazy games in a true God filled relationship. I am so thankful for God blessing me once again and showing me his faithfulness. I am praising Him for this second chance...

The end of the verse states..."I might sing praises to you and not be silent"....if any of you have seen me lately, I am not being silent. I am singing praises for His work with this amazing smile that will last a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment