Monday, May 28, 2012

Remember When

Remember When...1993
As I reflect upon every Memorial Day weekend, the year 1993 stands out to me... Mike and I met that weekend!  After talking on the phone for 4 hours on that Sat. night, he came to pick me up on  Sunday evening to go drive around car lots and look for him a new car.  As he walked up the driveway of my grandma and grandpa's house, I looked out the kitchen window with many butterflies in my tummy, and thought to myself, "I'm going to marry him!"  
We were "set up" by a mutual friend and had only talked on the phone the night before we met, so I was extra nervous in "seeing" him, but when we met...the rest is history.  We never looked back~ 
What became of that Memorial Day weekend is history and a memory I will never forget, yet cherish forever.  Nineteen years of laughs, heartache, joy, happiness, frustrations, and blessings all sent from God.  I wouldn't trade any of it for anything, even the worst days of our marriage and parenting.  We learned from it and grasped onto the only One who could get us through.  Each incident grew us closer together as husband and wife as well as our relationship with Christ. I am so proud of fulfilling our wedding vows...until death do us part.
I miss my husband and the life we had, but I also know that this is not it for the girls and I...we are praying for God to fulfill the desires of our hearts and continue to bless us with the life ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment