Thursday, April 26, 2012

God is on the Move

God is Movin'



As this week began, I felt God calling me to fast and give up my "down time" on Facebook. I don't spend hours on Facebook, but my fair share. I love the connection with friends and family of far and near. It's not a waste of time for me, as I see it as a chance to pray for those requesting prayer and so on. But, I knew this week was going to be filled with many blessings. I know God is ALWAYS moving, if I can "see" it or not, I know He is...it's all the "behind the scenes" stuff in my life that He is doing in order to reveal His blessings. Even unanswered prayers, are truly answered in His way...not ours. Besides my daily bible reading, devotional time, and praying, I felt like I needed to be more in tune to the blessings around me.

Tuesday brought an amazing sight to our backyard, one that we have prayed for and been blessed indeed with from God and this community in which we live. The digging began for my daughter's handicap bathroom addition to our house. This will give her much needed independence and all of the correct equipment she is in need of having as she is growing from a little girl to a young lady. When we built our home, 9 yrs. ago, we could "throw" her into the bathtub...not the case today. We are so grateful for our friends and family for making this dream come true~from the donations of money to all of the hard work, we are amazed once again by the love shown to us!

I have been praying for several months for God to "move" me and show me what I was suppose to do with this story He had given me. I have the drive to speak about it, but how was that going to happen? He knew....a few months ago, I was asked to speak at our church at the woman's retreat and "tell" my story and testimony of how God has been there all along...Saturday is the day for God to answer that prayer for me. Praising Him all the way. See, when I thought He wasn't hearing me, He was preparing the ladies in charge of the retreat and lining everything all up for this prayer to be answered. He is movin'...

Sunday will be the 2 yr. mark of daddy meeting Jesus and going to heaven. We will mourn some, but for the most part we will rejoice in the awesome thought of being with him again someday. Time is totally different for these little girls than for myself. I had to realize a long time ago, that they "get over" things a lot sooner and their timeline is a lot different than mine. They love going to the cemetery and seeing daddy's picture on his stone. The little girls take baby wipes out of the van and wipe off the stone and clean it all up when we are there. The funny part is, Mike was a "clean freak" and he would love it that they are keeping it so nice and clean. We will take some new fresh flowers, stay a short bit and be gone. We don't ponder and cry there anymore...it's all in part of the healing. We will be spending our day at the zoo. Mike and the girls loved going to the zoo (mommy, not so much!) so that's where we will be spending our day. In memory of a great daddy who would be loving the Sunday afternoon with his favorite people. I feel I have to show the girls how important it is to celebrate his life and going to heaven and not just the sadness of how we may feel from day to day of not having him here with us.

This is just a glimmer of how God is moving this week in my life. I know He is on the "move" in many more dimensions of my life, but they will soon reveal themselves. So, I will continue to fast from Facebook the next few days and dig a little deeper in prayer and being closer to Him as this week unfolds.

What areas in your life is God moving? What areas do you think He isn't moving? Spend some time in prayer and you will be amazed at what He is doing...some you can "see" and others you can't....

No comments:

Post a Comment