Wednesday, February 1, 2012

As I continue on my journey of being a widow, I have come to realize how important it is to take care of me.  I always have been the caregiver to everyone, that's what moms do, right?  I wouldn't change it for the world and am so blessed to have always been able to be at home with our girls.  But, about six months into being a widow, I thought something HAS to give.  I am dad and mom now and have more and more demands daily.  I was taking no time for me.  I try to "set aside" time everyday for me to enjoy something I like.  Somedays it isn't time at all, it's connecting with a friend, having an extra cup of coffee in the afternoon (I am a one a day cup girl), or honestly complete silence is fine once in a while.  I really and truly believe we all need some time alone everyday to gather our thoughts and prayers and "do" something for ourselves.    ALL of us are run short and life demands way too much from us. Of course we all love our families, but they will benefit as well. As I leave you, ponder this...aren't you worth it?

1 comment:

  1. You are right on about time to regroup.. I'm a fan of the complete silence at times too! :)

    ReplyDelete