Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Be still, and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

This has been a favorite verse of mine for years, but as I studied and listened to the words over and over, they continued to speak and comfort me more and more.  In all situations of our lives, we need to be still and KNOW that God is God.  God had the opportunity to change things for us that April morning, but He chose not to...April 29th was the day Mike was to meet Jesus.  I have to always remember that, when I am wanting to question why we are where we are today.  God is so much bigger than any tragedy, we may be going through in our lives.  He has always proven that, it's hard to accept those promises when we are in the mist of the valley. 
Last year I attended a 10 week grief class and at that class, pastor had us inhale while thinking, "Be still...and exhaling, while thinking, and know that I am God."  I have done this night after night as I have found it hard to get to sleep after a long day and then going to bed alone.  I can't express how relaxing it is, to think that all I have to do is, "be still"...and God is God.  I always fall fast asleep...hope you will find comfort and rest in knowing God's promise to us...

2 comments:

  1. I really like this.. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this verse comforting as well. And reassuring that if I will just be still, God will speak to me. Sometimes He just wants our full attention, and we can't give it, if we are always busy and talking. Thanks for sharing Carrie.

    ReplyDelete