Monday, February 13, 2012

Have you ever thought about when you leave this earth and your loved ones go through your personal belongings what they may find?  For me it was my husband's wallet.  As soon as I could think and had the time...I went through it.  I knew he had nothing to hide, but the story he carried in it was amazing.  First, he had NO money in it, which was absolutely not a surprise!  He NEVER carried cash, but I did find two receipts for the gas staion near his work.  One was from the day before when he had filled his car with gas, the other was from the very morning of his car accident.  In fact, the time on the receipt was 6:45 a.m. and the 911 call came just 45 minutes later.  He had bought...a coffee and jalapeno chips!  Yep, that's my man!  He enjoyed life right up until the end...
There were several pictures of our family, one of myself, each of the girls at different ages, debit card, you know the usual.  But tucked in a safe place, I found a little pink piece of paper.  I was so anxious to read it and I remember my heart pounding.  When I started to read it, my heart dropped because this piece of paper really told who my husband was.  The paper asked 5 questions...What has God done?  What does the Bible say?  What is God like?  What am I like?  What is stonger than God? 
What may your wallet tell your family about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment