Monday, February 6, 2012

Everyone has a story.  When the five of us would go somewhere, you could look at us with a child in a wheelchair and know we had a story.  But, to us this was our life and not a "story".  Wheelchairs, walkers, leg braces, medical supplies, and special needs equipment was a way of life for us since we began parenting.  We embraced the "title" from the beginning, knowing God had placed a special little girl in our hands to love, adore, teach, and parent.  We could never love her more with or without spina bifida.  When we were blessed with the younger girls, we had our hands full to say the least.  I would often say to Mike, "We are going to look back someday and wonder how we did it."  The day he died, one thought that kept coming to my mind....I didn't want another "story", we already had a "story"!  These thoughts kept coming and coming, like when the girls graduate and the whispers of, "Remember when...."  I have given all of those thoughts to Jesus, because this is HIS story and not mine.  I didn't write this script, I'm just living it.  Now, I will look back someday and wonder how "I" have raised the girls without him.  I have had more prayers, love, and support than I could ever imagine .  God has written the perfect "story" for us, it just took me a long time to realize it!  Every single one of you reading this has a story.  For some of you, everyone may know your story, but for others... no one knows it.  As we learn to accept our life story and realize because of God's script, we are who we are today....it's the perfect story and we would not change a thing.

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, You are an inspiration to many...such a beautiful daughter of the King. May continue to bless you as you put into words the story that God has given you...Blesings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Huge Blessing Care because you see how you've been Blessed.As you said we all have stories.We are who we are because of choices as you have said.We can accept and move forward in Christ and many more Wonderful Stories.Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,
    Blessings to you and your girls. I have only been widowed 18 months. I agree with you that our lives are His story and not ours. I am so glad you have chosen to be positive. I know God is showering you with his favor.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete